Monday, January 11, 2010

Dead Man's Bones, Ryan Gosling, Hair, Polka Dot Dot Dot, and Reliving the 90's....

First and foremost, I have just posted on my website the first single (for free) from the new and upcoming February release "Goodnight Gary" on www.drewdanburry.com and if you need a direct link you can right click/save as here:

http://drewdanburry.com/downloads/ReligionOfMe.mp3

Secondly, with the beginning of 2010 we've begun a new recording project with local Utah musicians called Reliving the 90's. You can look at it on youtube
here or watch it below, this being the first episode:



Since making my best of lists, I've come across and had a chance to listen to some of the albums and songs I missed...one major surprise (because I'm guilty of thinking actors who embark on musical projects usually embarrass themselves) was the Dead Man's Bones album. A very pleasant surprise, though I shouldn't be caught off guard at all, is that Ryan Gosling's talent ranges from much more than stellar acting to compiling a very cohesive album. This self titled debut is really really really worth checking out, and you can at least go listen on their Myspace here:

http://www.myspace.com/deadmansbones

Photobucket

Also, I recently played with the Olympia, WA band Polka Dot Dot Dot on Bicycle Records and have been listening to their most recent release Syzygy nonstop. It's quite lovely and very peaceful. You can check out the whole album here or download one of the many songs that caught my ear here: http://drewdanburry.com/downloads/NautilusTeef.mp3

For those of you who still haven't downloaded the most recent Drew Danburry release Geraniums yet, you can do so for free right here: http://drewdanburry.com/downloads/Geraniums.zip

Last, there are a few of you who wanted proof that I cut off all my hair, so for those of you, well...here it is:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Read em and weep folks. I've gone to the dark side.

3 comments:

  1. Drew!! Thanks for keeping my in the loop on Dead Man's Bones. Feel free to post pictures of Ryan Gosling anytime.

    BTW- the stache photo was my favorite. But your clean cut look reminds me of the fella i kicked it with my freshman year or college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Drew. Job well done on the reliving the 90's project. I'm curious to see what's coming next.

    sad day when the hair comes off, but to every thing there is a season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that version of Stay. Probably just as much - if not more - than the original version. Except, definitely not more...but only because of Reality Bites. Without Reality Bites that song is just not as good.

    ReplyDelete